Friday, June 24, 2011

06/23/2011

As you can imagine, since I'm on bed rest now, I'm having to go back to the doctor 2 times a week.  So we saw Deb again yesterday.  She was pleased that my blood pressure had come down some, although it is still high.  She said the swelling in my feet and face had gone down substantially, but the swelling in my hands had not. She says that will probably not go away until after the baby is born. 

We had an NST done yesterday, and to every one's surprise.....she failed!  So we had to go for a sonogram again.  She does great when she gets her picture taken!  I guess she just hates the NST.  During the sonogram, Sara (the tech) said she weighed in at 6 lbs 8 oz.  Which means she gained 6 oz in 3 days :-)  The cord is no longer around her neck (thank God!) and she looks to be doing great in there! 

Deb did decide to check me this time.  And I know it's not a huge accomplishment, but it's hard to not get excited!  She said I was dilated to 1 and 50% effaced!  I know you can be like that for a while, but at least it wasn't 0's!  She said Lauren was at a -2 station.  So she has not dropped down into the birth canal yet, but she's getting closer!  I forgot to ask how often she will check that, but I'm assuming once a week. 

Deb promised on 06/30/2011 that we would have a "pow wow" with Dr. Gratkins to discuss the amniocentesis that she had spoken about at our previous appointment.  If he decides to do it, they will plan for it to be done on 07/05/2011.  So, I hope that we can still have that done and it shows that her lungs are developed!  Then, they will probably send us over to the hospital to have our baby! 

No comments:

Post a Comment