Friday, June 24, 2011

Doctors appointment on 06/20/2011

Well, I've managed to dodge the bullet up until 06/20/2011!  Today Deb finally said we didn't have any option, but to put me on bed rest.  The swelling in my hands, face, and feet were getting to be too much.  That, on top of my high blood pressure was making Deb nervous.  I hated to hear that, but to make things a little better, she was thinking that I'd probably only carry for about another 10 days or so!  She said if we made it to 36 weeks, they would probably do an amniocenteses at around 36-36 1/2 weeks to see if Lauren's lungs were developed enough to be born.  If they were, then they would probably induce me because of all the swelling and high blood pressure.  She said it would only take a few hours to get the results back, so we would know that day.  If the blood pressure and swelling keeps getting worse, they may end up having to take her before then, even if her lungs are not ready.  We will pray for the best!

We had a sono that day and Lauren weighed in at 6 lbs 2 oz!  She's getting so big!  It's hard to believe that something that big can be inside my belly!  Although I was only 34 weeks and 4 days, my belly measured at 38 weeks.  OMG! It can only grow so big!  I have to be about there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment